sexta-feira, 31 de outubro de 2014

Interviews: Paul Wesley from Interview Magazine @InterviewMag @PaulWesley


PAUL WESLEY WITH SHAWN CHRISTENSEN.

New Jersey-native Paul Wesley is a rather busy man. The 32-year-old actor spends much of the year filming The Vampire Diaries in Georgia, a CW show on which he has played the brooding vampire heartthrob Stefan Salvatore since 2009. Over the last year he's also filmed several indie movies, including Shawn Christensen's Before I Disappear, which won the Audience Award at SXSW, and Amira & Sam, which is currently in competition at the Savannah Film Festival presented by SCAD.



ANDY WARHOL: What do you think about love? 

PAUL WESLEY: Love is something that is very personal to each individual based on where they are in their lives. It fluctuates and changes over time. I think there is a massive differentiation between infatuation and love, but people tend to confuse the two. 

WARHOL: When did you start making movies? 

WESLEY: I started working in front of the camera for the first time when I was 15 years old. I joined a soap opera. We filmed in Brooklyn and I would skip class to shoot my scenes. It was terrifying and I entirely self-conscious in front of the camera. 

WARHOL: What’s your favorite movie? 

WESLEY: That answer always changes depending on what mood I’m in. the one that seems to consistently come to mind is Scenes from a Marriage (1973) by Ingmar Bergman. Not exactly uplifting, but it had a huge impact on me that I can’t seem to get out of my mind. 

WARHOL: Did you go to acting school? 

WESLEY: Yes and no. I would go to acting classes in New York City, but it was sporadic. I went to a bunch of classes in L.A. as an adult. I enjoy it for certain things but I am not dogmatic about it. 

WARHOL: What's the craziest thing a fan has sent you?

WESLEY: A box full of sausages—Polish sausages. I couldn’t tell if it was innuendo or if she really wanted me to enjoy the Polish sausages. 

WARHOL: If you got a movie tomorrow, what would be your ideal role? 

WESLEY: At this point in my career, anything that is non-vampire related. I look for characters that are extremely flawed and the anti-hero.

WARHOL: Do you go out a lot or stay at home? 

WESLEY: I stay at home a lot by choice, but go out a lot due to work. As I’ve grown older, the simple pleasure of sitting on the couch with someone you love and watching a documentary is about as good as it gets for me. 

WARHOL: Is there anything you regret not doing? 

WESLEY: There’s one particular incident that comes to mind: one time I was assigned community service for getting into a fight in high school and they told me I had a week to complete 20 hours. I convinced the lady at the library (I was assigned to stack books) to sign off that I had finished the community service, but that between her and I, I would take several weeks because I was busy that week. She trusted me, signed the paper that I completed service, and I duped her and never came back. I literally think about that all that time. It haunts me and sometimes want to go back there and find her and stack books because I’m really wracked with terrible guilt. I was 16 at the time and didn’t have much of a conscience. 

WARHOL: Do you dream? 

WESLEY: Yes, but I rarely remember them for more than two to three minutes after waking up—unless I’m going through a trying time in my life, in which case I vividly remember everything. 

WARHOL: How many hotels have you been kicked out of? 

WESLEY: None, but I did get kicked out of several high schools. Does that count/make me cool?


interviewmagazine
Share:

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário

Instagram

Labels

Abduction (30) Alcide Herveaux (39) Alex Meraz (62) Background (6) Benicio Del Toro (1) BooBoo Stewart (162) Brady Fuller (2) Brandon Peters (13) Brayden Jimmie (7) Breaking Dawn (25) Brett Crezski (2) Bronson Pelletier (33) Capturas (3) Charlie Carver (22) Chaske Spencer (52) Chicago Fire (3) Collin Littlesea (2) Colton Haynes (131) Crystal Reed (24) Daniel Newman (1) Daniel Sharman (9) David Gallagher (1) Derek Hale (17) Dylan O'Brien (77) eclipse (4) Embry Call (1) entrevista (23) evento (49) FanArt (39) FanFic (65) fanpic (36) foto pessoal (10) Fotos (9) Gifs (20) Gil Birmingham (24) HappyBday (30) Holland Roden (48) humor (1) imprinting (3) Jackson Whittemore (2) Jacob Black (108) Joe Manganiello (216) Joseph Morgan (81) Julia Jones (34) Kiowa Gordon (28) Klaus Mikaelson (9) Lady Gaga (8) Leah Clearwater (5) Leona Lewis (1) Lua Nova (1) Magic Mike (12) Mason Lockwood (3) Max Carver (29) Max Irons (17) Michael Trevino (52) Michaela McManus (2) Momento Flashback (5) New Moon (2) One-Shot (12) outtakes (62) Phoebe Tonkin (18) photoshoot (68) Portraits (61) premiações (10) Premiere (57) promo (14) quileutes (2) Red Carpet (8) Revolution (8) Ryan Kwanten (2) Saga Crepusculo (5) scans (33) Scott McCall (9) screencaps (7) Script (1) Seth Clearwater (3) Shiloh Fernandez (13) Skylight Soho (1) Solomon Trimble (2) spoilers (3) Stiles Stilinski (7) stills (41) Swo wo Gabriel (2) Taylor Kinney (63) Taylor Lautner (413) teaser (8) Teen Wolf (99) The Gates (4) The Originals (17) Tinsel Korey (35) trailer (30) trilha (1) True Blood (46) Twilight (24) Twitter (13) Tyler Lockwood (16) Tyler Hoechlin (68) Tyler Posey (163) Tyson Houseman (7) Vampire Diaries (13) Vanity Night Club (1) videos (82) wallpapers (2) Wolfblood (5) Wolfman (1) wolfpack (28)

Blog Archive

Blogger templates